Temporary Open Burning
No current open burning restrictions in effect.
Purchase Your Burn Permits Online!
To obtain a BURN permit:
1. Print the HELP DOCUMENT before you access the application on-line.
*Help Document (Click here)
2. On-Line Application (Click here)
3. In-person at one of the locations listed below.
Burn permits are not approved if:
1. THE date that you wish to start burning is more than 10 days from the date the application is received.
2. APPLICATION received by fax.
3. PROHIBITED items were requested to be burned.
4. INFORMATION submitted is incomplete.
5. A High Pollution Advisory (Particulate Matter) has been issued for areas within Area A.
** If you reside within the Superstition Fire & Medical District coverage area, please click here prior to obtaining a burn permit **
Types of Fires include:
Residential, Commercial, Agriculture, Bonfires, Training Exercise, Building Demolition, Dangerous Materials, Air Curtain Destructors
1. Failure to comply with burn permit conditions
* Civil penalties up to $10,000.00 per day
2. Reckless burning under A.R.S. 13-1706
* Class 1 or 2 misdemeanor or Class 3 felony
Persons affected by a "No Burn" restriction are not entitled to a refund or an extension.
Agricultural burn permits can only be obtained October - April.
Area A Map
(If you do not reside within a fire district/department coverage area, you must call the State Forester each day that you burn @ (800) 309-7081.)