Assessor Data – Local and Regional Government Agencies
In the spirit of cooperation and stewardship of data for the citizens of Pinal County, the Pinal County Assessor's Office gladly provides its data to local and regional government agencies with the understanding that:
Assessor Data – Public and Commercial Use
- Such data will NOT, under any circumstances, be used or distributed for commercial gain or profit.
- Pinal County’s data, information, or authority NOT be misrepresented, abused, or used for economic gain beyond the scope of providing information, or to better serve the citizens of Pinal County.
The Pinal County Assessor’s Office will make every effort to comply with all public and commercial use data requests, in accordance with Arizona Revised Statutes §39-121.03, which provides:
- When a person requests copies, printouts or photographs of public records for a commercial purpose, the person shall provide a statement setting forth the commercial purpose for which the copies, printouts or photographs will be used. Upon being furnished the statement the custodian of such records may furnish reproductions, the charge for which shall include the following:
- A portion of the cost to the public body for obtaining the original or copies of the documents, printouts or photographs.
- A reasonable fee for the cost of time, materials, equipment and personnel in producing such reproduction.
- The value of the reproduction on the commercial market as best determined by the public body.
- If the custodian of a public record determines that the commercial purpose stated in the statement is a misuse of public records or is an abuse of the right to receive public records, the custodian may apply to the governor requesting that the governor by executive order prohibit the furnishing of copies, printouts or photographs for such commercial purpose. The governor, upon application from a custodian of public records, shall determine whether the commercial purpose is a misuse or an abuse of the public record. If the governor determines that the public record shall not be provided for such commercial purpose the governor shall issue an executive order prohibiting the providing of such public records for such commercial purpose. If no order is issued within thirty days of the date of application, the custodian of public records shall provide such copies, printouts or photographs upon being paid the fee determined pursuant to subsection A.
- A person who obtains a public record for a commercial purpose without indicating the commercial purpose or who obtains a public record for a noncommercial purpose and uses or knowingly allows the use of such public record for a commercial purpose or who obtains a public record for a commercial purpose and uses or knowingly allows the use of such public record for a different commercial purpose or who obtains a public record from anyone other than the custodian of such records and uses it for a commercial purpose shall in addition to other penalties be liable to the state or the political subdivision from which the public record was obtained for damages in the amount of three times the amount which would have been charged for the public record had the commercial purpose been stated plus costs and reasonable attorney fees or shall be liable to the state or the political subdivision for the amount of three times the actual damages if it can be shown that the public record would not have been provided had the commercial purpose of actual use been stated at the time of obtaining the records.
- For the purposes of this section, "commercial purpose" means the use of a public record for the purpose of sale or resale or for the purpose of producing a document containing all or part of the copy, printout or photograph for sale or the obtaining of names and addresses from public records for the purpose of solicitation or the sale of names and addresses to another for the purpose of solicitation or for any purpose in which the purchaser can reasonably anticipate the receipt of monetary gain from the direct or indirect use of the public record. Commercial purpose does not mean the use of a public record as evidence or as research for evidence in an action in any judicial or quasi-judicial body.
For more information regarding Assessor data pricing, payment method, format, and delivery, please contact the Assessor’s CAMA Division
. Parcel Maps
Information regarding the procurement of parcel maps can be found at http://pinalcountyaz.gov/Departments/Assessor/Drafting/Pages/ParcelMaps.aspx
. GIS Data
Information regarding the procurement of GIS data can be found at Request Pinal County GIS Data