The Bad Check Program is available through the Pinal County Attorney’s Office to
assist businesses and individuals recover losses from bad checks.
Check fraud costs billions of dollars every year.
How to minimize Bad Checks:
- Always ask to see the check writer's driver's license or state ID card.
- Compare signature on ID to signature on check.
- Make sure you are the one who writes the DL # on the check, not the checkwriter.
- No Identification
- If they don’t have a driver's license or state ID card, you should not accept the
- There is NO requirement for you to accept the check.
- At worst, you lose a sale, but you do not lose merchandise and get stuck with a
When you receive a Bad Check:
As Easy As 1-2-3
Prepare a Check Transmittal Form
Use a Check Transmittal Form for each check you are submitting.
Complete Only One Cover Sheet
This is your enrolling document. Send in 1 document no matter how many checks you
are sending. Send the Check Transmittal Form, Cover Sheet and ORIGINAL CHECK.
Bad Check Program
P. O. Box 745
Florence, AZ 85132
For your purposes, it is a good idea to keep copies of checks, forms, and any correspondence
to and from the check writer. Once the check has been submitted to the Bad Check
Program, it may be necessary to contact you for further information about the check
and check writer.