The Community Development Department provides administration of the Pinal County Land Use Regulations, including zoning, subdivisions, minor land divisions, Planned Area Developments, Comprehensive Plans and amendments, Specific Plans and amendments, Variances, Addressing, and Zoning Ordinance enforcement.
These certain land use matters include:
- Attendance at a Concept Review (pre application) meeting with staff from the Planning Department and affected Pinal County agencies, at the main office in Florence;
- A public hearing before the Planning Commission with recommendation to the Board of Supervisors; and
- A public hearing before the Board of Supervisors for a decision (i.e. approval/denial).
- Comprehensive Plan and Amendments
- Specific Plans and Amendments
- Planned Area Developments
- Industrial Use Permits
- Special Density Permits
- Special Use Permits
- Zone Change Requests
- Subdivision Requests
- Special Event Permits
In addition to the above services the Community Development Department provides clearance of all building and mobile home placement permits. The Department also provides base mapping, brochure development, addressing and special project support to the Board of Supervisors or County departments in areas such as tourism, economic development coordination, legislation and policy.