Pinal County Air Quality administers the Travel Reduction Program as required by state statutes for large employers.
- The County currently has 18 vanpools going to a variety of County buildings and complexes throughout the region.
- The EPA’s Office of Transportation Quality has awarded Pinal County the designation of Best Workplaces for Commuters.
- The Board of Supervisors supports the use of alternate work schedules to reduce automobile trips through telecommuting, compressed work weeks. Approximately 30 percent of County employees participate in some form of approved alternative work schedule.
- Pinal County also supports off-hour refueling – encouraging fueling of fleet and personal vehicles before 7 AM or after 4 PM to help reduce ozone.
- Countywide broadcasts are used to inform employees of steps they can take on high pollution advisory days.