County Home  |  Online Services  |  Visitors  |  Jobs  |  Government  |  Economic Development

Licensing Your Dog Just Got More Convenient
Date: 7/10/2014
FLORENCE, AZ – Pinal County Animal Care & Control announces that dog licenses may be obtained at four locations around the county. Customer service representatives in three of Pinal County’s One Stop service centers are now able to take pet licensure applications. There are One Stop locations for pet licenses in Florence, Apache Junction and Oracle.

“We continually look at ways we can improve services and make things more convenient for our residents. This change is the result of inter-departmental collaboration to better serve the public,” said Animal Care & Control Director Kaye Dickson. “Pet licenses can still be obtained at Animal Care & Control’s shelter and adoption center on Eleven Mile Corner Road or at three One Stop counters around the county.”
Locations are:

Florence (Effective today)
31 North Pinal Street, Building F
Weekdays 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM

Apache Junction (Beginning August 1)
575 North Idaho Road, Suite 800
Mondays 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM
Thursdays 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM 

Oracle (Beginning August 1)
1470 Justice Drive
Mondays & Wednesdays 8:00 AM to Noon

Animal Care & Control Shelter & Adoption Center 1150 South Eleven Mile Corner Road Weekdays 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM on Saturdays

Licensing fees vary depending if the animal is spayed/neutered or unaltered. There is a discount for senior citizens who own dogs. You must bring a current rabies vaccination certificate from a licensed veterinarian that is good for at least one year.

“A lot of people don’t realize that Animal Control’s primary mission is to prevent the spread of rabies, which is deadly to animals and humans,” Dickson said. “Licensing your pet gives proof that it has a current vaccine. If there is no proof of vaccination and your dog bites someone and breaks the skin, we have to impound the animal at the owner’s expense until rabies is ruled out.”

If you are a resident of unincorporated Pinal County, your cat does not need to be licensed. Some cities and towns do require licenses for cats.

For more information on license fees and other frequently asked questions, visit the website at and choose Animal Care & Control from the list of departments or use this shortcut: The Pinal County Citizen Contact Center at 888-431-1311 or 520-509-3555 can also help with your Animal Care & Control questions.