County Home  |  Online Services  |  Visitors  |  Jobs  |  Government  |  Economic Development

Birth Certificates

Pinal County Office of Vital Records issues certified birth certificates for Arizona births. If you need an amendment or correction to a birth that occurred prior to 1997, you must contact the State Office of Vital Records in Phoenix. If you need a certified copy of a birth certificate from another state, you must contact that state’s vital records office.

Who may order and obtain a certified copy of a birth certificate?
Only persons 18 years of age or older may obtain a certified copy of a birth certificate.
*If a minor is a parent they can request their child’s certificate only.

Note: An applicant presenting documents from a foreign country as proof of relationship or proof of legal interest must provide certified copies of the documents. Photocopies are not acceptable. The applicant must also provide a certified translation of the documents.

Only the following people may receive a certified copy of a birth certificate from Pinal County Office of Vital Records:

Registrant (The person named on the birth certificate)

Parents (Parent’s name must appear on the birth certificate)

Spouse (Must provide a letter of permission signed by the registrant (letter must be notarized or you must have a copy of the registrant’s photo identification) and one current document with both names listed or a marrage certificate)

Grandparent (Must provide proof of your relationship with the original birth certificate of the registrant’s parent)

Adult Child (Must provide proof of relationship with his/her original birth certificate which names the registrant as the parent of the applicant)

Adult Brother or Sister (Must provide proof of your relationship with your original birth certificate which shows at least one common parent shared by the applicant and registrant)

Guardian Having Legal Custody or Control of a Minor Child (Must provide a certified copy of the court order establishing guardianship and legal custody)

Foster Parents (Must provide a letter on letterhead from the Child Protective Services caseworker which states the child is still in the care of the foster parent. The letter must include the child’s name, date of birth, and foster parent’s name and be signed by the case worker and dated within the last 30 days, along with a photocopy of the caseworker’s government employee identification)

In addition to meeting the age and eligibility requirements, you must complete and submit a signed application along with a valid government issued picture ID and appropriate payment in order to obtain a certified birth certificate.

Fees and Locations