Ak-Chin
The AK-Chin Indian Community, which consists of both Tohono O’odham (Papago) and Pima Indians, is in the northwest part of Pinal County. The reservation land, at an elevation of approximately 1,186 feet, lies in the Sonoran Desert. State Route 238 intersects the reservation at its northernmost and easternmost corners. The new State Route 347 runs through the reservation, connecting Interstate 8 and I-10.
 
Apache Junction
Apache Junction is located on the eastern rim of the Phoenix Metropolitan area, near the foot of the scenic Superstition Mountains at the junction of U.S. 60 and 89 and state Highway 88. Apache Junction is easily accessible by U.S. 60, the Superstition Freeway. Apache Junction lies primarily in Pinal County, adjoining Maricopa County to the west. It was incorporated in 1978.
 
Arizona City
Arizona City is a planned community at the midpoint of the Phoenix-Tucson corridor, one of the more rapidly developing areas of the state. Surrounded by productive agricultural land, Arizona City has both industrial and commercially zoned areas, along with such amenities as a 48-acre lake, an 18-hole golf course and several parks.
 
Casa Grande
Casa Grande, the second largest community in Pinal County, was founded in 1879 and incorporated in 1915, is named for the famous Hohokam Indian ruins 20 miles to the northeast. Known as a “community first” hometown, Casa Grande is a forward-looking city yet one that has retained its small-town charm.
Coolidge
Coolidge, halfway between Phoenix and Tucson, is the commercial center of Arizona’s cotton industry. In 1925, after construction of the Coolidge Dam transformed the flat desert into rich farm and ranch land, R.J. Jones laid out an 80-acre site to found the city. The city’s name honors the U.S. President who dedicated Coolidge Dam in 1930.
Eloy
Eloy is an agricultural/travel/commercial center located along the growth corridor between Phoenix and Tucson. In 1902, the Southern Pacific Railroad built a switch about six miles west of Picacho, which they named Eloy.
Florence
The Town of Florence is located within central Pinal County, approximately 61 miles from the City of Phoenix and 70 miles from the City of Tucson. The Town of Florence is geographically situated upon a level plain, and is adjacent to the Gila River flood plain.
Gila River Indian Community
Gila River Indian Community is located on 372,000 acres in south-central Arizona, south of Phoenix, Tempe and Chandler. The reservation was established by an Act of Congress in 1859. The tribal administrative offices and departments are located in Sacaton and serve residents throughout the seven community districts.
Kearny
Kearny was founded in 1958, and is named for Brevet Major General Stephen Watts Kearny. With Kit Carson serving as guide, General Kearny led 100 dragoons through this area on his way to California. The official log of this trip kept by Lt. William H. Emory records under the dates of November 5 and 6, 1846 that the group camped near the junction of the Gila and San Pedro Rivers near the town of Winkelman. On November 7, they traveled down the Gila and camped that night at the junction of the Gila River and a creek that Lt. Emory named Mineral Creek, because of it's rich mineral content.
Mammoth
At mile post #116 you can see the San Pedro River, and you will also be entering the town of Mammoth. Mammoth took its name from the Old Mammoth Mine, located above the town in the late 1800's. It was said the gold ore deposits were of mammoth proportions, hence the name. In 1895 the Mammoth Mine changed hands while a new system of milling was introduced. This was the beginning of the last gold mining revival in Arizona. Mammoth enjoyed renewed importance in 1936 when molybdenum production began. It is located in the San Pedro valley along with San Manuel six miles south, and with Oracle, make up the tri-community area.
Maricopa
Maricopa is located 16 miles south of Interstate 10 in western Pinal County. The area was first described by Father Eusebio Francisco Kino in 1694 as an established agriculture community populate by Native Americans. In the 1870s, the railroad found its way to the area along what is now State Route 347 (Maricopa Road or the John Wayne Parkway).
Oracle
Oracle was named after a ship that was built in Bath, Maine and launched on October 3, 1876. Albert Weldon came across the sea in this ship. A storm overtook the clipper. Through the raging gales and mountainous sea the ship rode. The Oracle floated to port crippled, Its canvas in shreds and her masts broken. Nothing but providence, Weldon said, saved her from the reefs and cliffs. On her name plate, in salt-flecked letters, were the words "The Oracle." Weldon came to Tucson with Jimmy Lee and Alex McKay to hunt for gold. Weldon staked the first claim and in gratitude and in his faith in providence called the mine "The Oracle."
San Manuel
The district around San Manuel was prospected prior to the Civil War, but there was little or no production until 1881. In the San Manuel group there are claims located in 1906 that have been held continuously to the present time. In 1944, the Magma Copper Company purchased existing mining claims in the area and launched a program of exploration and development that resulted in the present-day mine, mill, smelter, refinery and community. For the name of its new mine, Magma retained the old claim name, San Manuel, patron saint of one of the early day prospectors. Because of the isolation and immensity of the new mining project, construction to provide adequate housing for employees began in mid-l952. The town was later opened for private home ownership and real estate development. It is now 100 per cent privately owned. It is located on State Highway 76 south (left) of Highway 77 between Mammoth and Oracle.
Superior
Superior is 63 miles east of Phoenix on U.S. 60 at the junction of state Highway 177. The town, in a mountainous setting at an elevation of 2,882 feet, is surrounded by peaks such as Iron Mountain at 6.056 feet.
San Tan Valley
San Tan Valley is Pinal County’s newest and largest named area.  Approximately 80,000 people call San Tan Valley home.  The community is nestled among the foothills of the San Tan Mountains and boasts a wonderful park and recreation area, the San Tan Mountain Park.  People of all ages call San Tan Valley home with a variety of golf communities, age-restricted communities and family neighborhoods.
Gold Canyon
Gold Canyon is an unincorporated community at the foot of the scenic Superstition Mountains.  Hiking, biking and horse trails are abundant in Gold Canyon and there are several golf courses and resort style communities.  It’s about a 40 minute car ride to Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport but a world apart.  The desert area in and around Gold Canyon boasts abundant wildlife such as Gambel’s quail, roadrunners, cactus wrens, coyotes, javelina and jackrabbits.  Gold Canyon is close enough to city amenities but far enough away for stargazing and outdoor recreation.
Marana
Most of the Town of Marana lies in Pima County but the town, which is situated north of Tucson along Interstate 10, recently annexed a small area above the Pinal-Pima County line northeast of where I-10 enters Pima County.  The Town’s planning boundaries extend beyond its current incorporated areas so the prospect of additional Pinal County land becoming part of the Town is a possibility.