County Home  |  Online Services  |  Visitors  |  Jobs  |  Government  |  Economic Development

What if we agree on everything?

If you agree on all the issues, you may submit a Consent Decree of Dissolution of Marriage. You may use the Ecourt system to prepare these forms or you can find them at  

What is a Consent Decree?

A Consent Decree is the final order signed by the Judge when parties have agreed on everything required for a divorce, legal separation or annulment. Both parties must agree in writing to all of the issues which may include: division of property and debt, spousal maintenance (if any), legal decision-making, parenting time, and child support for cases involving children. All parties must sign the written decree.

The Respondent must be served with the Petition for Dissolution (or the Respondent must sign an Acceptance of Service.) The signed Consent Decree and other required paperwork cannot be submitted to the Court until at least 60 days have passed after the date the Respondent was served with the divorce papers.

Once at least 60 days have passed, you can file your Consent Decree with the Clerk of Court. Make sure your documents are completed correctly before you file. If they are not completed correctly, the Court will not be able to sign the Consent Decree and you will not be divorced. If your Consent Decree is completed correctly, the Court review the paper work and upon approval, the Court will sign the Consent Decree and you will be divorced.

If you would like someone to review your Decree with you and ensure it is completed properly, please contact the Family Law Facilitator program at the Conciliation Court. (Phone 520.866.7349 or email: [email protected]

How can I get a Consent Decree signed by the court?
After you have waited the required time, paid the response fee and attended the Parenting Education Class (if you have children) you can submit a Consent Decree. Compete the Consent Decree and other required documents and file it with the Pinal County Clerk of Court.
What documents need to be completed to ask for a Consent Decree?
The following paperwork is required to be signed and notarized by all parties when submitting a Consent Decree:
  • Original Decree of Dissolution/final Orders and 2 copies
  • 2 self-addressed stamped 9 x 12 envelopes
For cases with children you will also need:



Pinal County Government Web Disclaimer