View All Departments
  Items of Interest

About Pinal County 311

311 is an easy to remember, easy to dial phone number for non-emergency local government services and information. Due to phone system limitations 311 dialing may not be available in all areas of the county. For emergency calls, residents should continue to call 911.


Features of Pinal County 311

• 311 dialing allows citizens to call one easy-to-remember number to access local government services and information within Pinal County.
• Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm. The 311 Citizen Contact Center is closed on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
• Information Specialists use a state-of-the-art database of information about local government that can be continually updated so the most current facts are available.
• The 311 Citizen Contact Center takes service requests for a variety of county services and departments.
• The 311 Citizen Contact Center can quickly incorporate real time information when necessary for events like flooded streets, wildfires, or public health-related incident.


Phone Numbers for Pinal County 311

• In Pinal County call 311 (Due to phone system limitations 311 dialing may not be available in all areas of the county)
• In Pinal County call 520-509-3555
• Outside of Pinal County, call 520-509-3555
• Toll free – 888-431-1311
• Reminder: Call 911 for emergencies


Pinal County 311 FAQs

Q. What is Pinal County 311 Citizen Contact Center?
A. Pinal County 311 is Pinal County government’s new telephone number to find any government programs and services within the boundaries of the County.
Q. Can I go online for information and services?
A. Pinal County’s website provides access to a lot of the same information and services at: It’s available 24/7.
Q. How will police, fire or medical emergency calls be handled?
A. For emergencies, always call 911.
Q. What is the difference between 311 and 911?
A. Always call 911 for Police, Fire and Medical emergencies. 311 provides non-emergency information and services from local government.
Q. Why 311?
A. These simple 3 digits are just an easier number to remember and dial to reach County departments and services. The 311 digits were reserved and designated by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in 1997 to be used for access to non-emergency local government.
Q. Can I reach 311 if I am outside of the County?
A. Yes, by calling 520-509-3555 or 888-431-1311.
Q. Is the call to 311 free on my cell phone?
A. The County doesn’t charge anything, but wireless carrier fees might apply. Check with your carrier as fees vary.
Q. Can I call 311 from my VOIP phone?
A. Yes. Several VOIP carriers have configured their systems to route 311 calls within Pinal County to our 311 Citizen Contact Center. If you are a VOIP customer and having difficulty calling 311, it is best to contact your VOIP provider and let them know you cannot connect. It is up to individual VOIP providers to make 311 services available to their customers. Once configured, VOIP service should work properly as long as you are registered as located within the boundaries of Pinal County. You can also dial 520-509-3555 or 888-431-1311.
Q. What hours does the 311 call center operate?
A. The 311 Citizen Contact Center is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. On-line access is available anytime, day or night, at
Q. What happens when I call 311?
A. You will hear a brief announcement welcoming you to 311. You will then be connected to a trained and knowledgeable Information Specialist ready to assist you. Outside of normal business hours you will get a recording, with a few options for available after-hours services.
Q. When should I contact 311?
A. If you need information on local government services and programs within Pinal County, if you would like to make a request for services or if you have a complaint or compliment for County officials, call 311.
Q. Will I need to give my name when calling or emailing?
A. Your name isn’t required for most questions and many of the County’s services, but some do require your identifying information. Only the information needed to provide the services you have requested will be collected. Callers may provide comments or request some information and services anonymously.
Q. What happens after I contact 311?
A. The Information Specialist will either provide you with the information you requested, or send the service request to the appropriate department, or connect you with a departmental specialist.
Q. Can I still call a department directly if I know the number?
A. You may still call a direct number, but some of their numbers are being consolidated and re-routed to the Pinal County 311 Citizen Contact Center.
Q. What happens if I live in the city limits of any of the cities/towns within Pinal County?
A. You will still be able to call 311, however, you may be passed along to your local municipal government office if your request for service falls under their jurisdiction.
Q. What happens if I call 311 during off-hours?
A. You will hear a recording giving you the hours of operation, with options for a few after-hours services.
Q. What about during emergencies – will 311 be on the job?
A. The 311 Citizen Contact Center will support all County emergency response efforts including severe weather, public health and public safety events.
Q. Can I call 311 about job openings in Pinal County government?
A. Yes. Information Specialists can answer your questions and give instructions on how to apply for County employment.


Pinal County Government Web Disclaimer