County Home  |  Online Services  |  Visitors  |  Jobs  |  Government  |  Economic Development
Sheriff's Office

Frequently Asked Questions
expandWhere do I register as a Sex Offender?
expandHow do I order a police report?

Police Incident Report’s are available by reporting in person at any of the following Substation’s and also at the Florence Administration Office (Records Unit). Hour of operation for both Region Office and Records Unit hours are from Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (except holidays). To expedite your request, please have your incident case number ready when contacting either office.

PCSO Administration Office
Records Unit
P.O. Box 867
971 Jason Lopez Circle, Bldg #C
Florence, AZ 85132
(520) 866-5142/5123/5146/5141
Victims may email their request to: [email protected]

Arizona City
13970 S Sunland Gin Road
Arizona City, AZ 85123

Casa Grande
820 West Cottonwood Lane
Casa Grande, AZ 85122

Gold Canyon
5750 South Kings Ranch Road
Gold Canyon, AZ 85119

San Manuel
28380 S Veterans Memorial Boulevard
San Manuel, AZ 85631

San Tan
31505 N. Schnepf Road
San Tan Valley, AZ 85140
520.866.8009 or 520.866.8000

Written request are required to be completed. The “Records Request Forms” may be downloaded from Sheriff’s Office website, (Section Forms-Records), but they are also available at each Region Office.

Victims of violent criminal offense (Part I-Homicides, Rape, Robbery, Assault, Agg Assault, Larceny-Theft, Motor Vehicle Theft, Arson) may receive one free copy of a report in which they are listed as the victim, but must also complete a request form.

For other’s, the copy fee for police reports is $5.00 for Traffic Accident and $7.50 for other, 25 pages or more there will be an additional fee of $.50 a page. Monies must be received prior to dissemination in form of Money Order, Business check only, no cash is accepted.

For more information, please contact either one of the Region Offices or the Records Unit.

expandObtain alarm permit forms or contact the Alarm Unit?
expandCan alarm fees be waived?
No. All fees associated with permit fees and alarm fees are set by the ordinance and cannot be waived.
expandHow do I file a Complaint?
expandHow Do I Retrieve My Impounded Vehicle?

How Do I Retrieve My Vehicle?

Before requesting a hearing, please determine if you even need a hearing by visiting the Impounded Vehicle Information page.

If your vehicle was towed By the Pinal County Sheriff’s Office as a result of a violation of ARS 28-3511, then the following applies:

To obtain the release of your vehicle prior to the expiration of the thirty (30) days, a Post Storage Hearing must be scheduled with the Tow Hearing Specialist by calling (520)866-5277 and leaving a message with your contact information. The hearing officer will call you at the number(s) you provide within 5 business days (excluding holidays and weekends). If the hearing officer cannot reach you, the vehicle release will be denied.

  • Hearings are by appointment only and walk-ins/telephone hearings will not be accepted.
  • Hearings must be scheduled within ten (10) days of the vehicle being towed. After the ten (10) days have elapsed, a hearing will not be granted.
  • The hearings are to determine the validity of the impoundment or to determine whether the vehicle may be released prior to the end of the thirty (30) day impoundment period.
  • Hearings are held at the Pinal County Sheriff’s Office, located at 971 North Jason Lopez Circle, Building C, Florence, Arizona, 85132. Hearings will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays, starting at 1000 a.m. each day.
  • An Administrative Towing Fee of one hundred and fifty dollars ($150) is payable in cashiers check, money order or any major credit card (five dollar processing fee on credit cards) at the time of the Post Storage Hearing, no other form of payment will be accepted, and exact change is required.
  • In certain situations, the spouse of the owner may enter into an agreement with the Pinal County Sheriff’s Office, stating that they will not allow a driver who had been arrested for Extreme or Aggravated DUI, or a minor who had been in possession of alcohol, to drive the vehicle for one year. If the agreement is violated, there is no relief available from the thirty (30) day impoundment period.
  • The vehicle may be released to the lien holder or repossession agent identified on the Motor Vehicle Division record, before the end of the thirty (30) day impoundment period.

Only the vehicle owner, owner’s spouse, owner’s agent (lawyer), or lien holder may request a hearing. You must have been listed on the registration of the vehicle AT THE TIME OF THE IMPOUNDMENT as an owner or lien holder to qualify for a hearing. In most cases, the hearing officer will make an immediate ruling on whether or not the vehicle may be released early. Hearings are generally held within five working days of receipt of the request. A lawyer is not required. The hearings are informal and do not take long. Read the following conditions carefully to see which may make this vehicle eligible for early release:

** Providing false or misleading information is a crime **

  • The vehicle had been stolen prior to being impounded (a police report is required);
  • You are the owner, and you were cited for driving on a license that was invalid, but your license is now re-instated and valid. Unless, you were also charged with aggravated or extreme DUI. If you are the owner and were charged with Extreme or Aggravated DUI, you are not eligible;
  • The vehicle was driven by an employee of a business (including a parking service or repair garage) and the employer’s vehicle is subject to bailment, as in a leased vehicle;
  • The owner’s driver license has been reinstated; ( you must satisfy any court issues as well as have it re-instated by the motor vehicle division);
  • It is a rental vehicle or a loaner vehicle from a company, not owned by the driver (and it was not being driven by an employee or owner of the rental vehicle company at the time of impoundment);
  • The owner or owner’s spouse (NOT the person driving the vehicle at the time of impoundment) enters into an agreement with the Pinal County Sheriff’s Office for one year promising not to allow this vehicle to be operated in violation of ARS 28-3511 or it will not be eligible for early release for future violations of ARS 28-3511;
  • It is required by a court to be equipped with a certified ignition interlock device and proof of installation is shown to the hearing officer either during the hearing or when arriving at the sheriff’s office for your vehicle release;
  • It has been repossessed (foreclosure documents or an affidavit of repossession required); OR
  • It is determined the vehicle was improperly impounded by the officer.
  • At the conclusion of the hearing, you will be notified if the vehicle is eligible for immediate release (a copy of the hearing decision will be provided to you). If your request is denied, you must wait until the 30-day impound period has expired and follow the instructions above. If your request is approved, you will receive a Vehicle Release Form from the Pinal County Sheriff’s Office.
  • Except for properly reported stolen vehicles or improperly impounded vehicles, the vehicle owner is responsible for all fees relating to the impoundment.

To obtain the release of your vehicle once the thirty (30) day impoundment period has expired, you may obtain release paperwork at the Pinal County Sheriff’s Office, located at 971 North Jason Lopez Circle, Building C, Florence, Arizona, 85132, by:

  • Paying the one hundred and fifty dollar ($150) Administrative Towing Fee in cash, no other form of payment will be accepted, and you must have exact change.
If your vehicle was towed By the Pinal County Sheriff’s Office as a result of a violation of ARS 28-872:
  • The vehicle owner or authorized representative may claim this vehicle at any time (see "How Do I Retrieve My Vehicle") from the towing company named on the front of the Vehicle Impound Report.
  • You must show the towing company photo identification and proof of ownership in order for this vehicle to be released to you.
  • The owner of the vehicle is liable for all towing fees and storage charges. These fees and charges are set by a contract between the towing company and the Sheriff’s Office.

expandWhat happens to narcotics after they have been seized by officers?
expandSomeone I know was just arrested. Who do I call to find out where they were taken?
Call the PCSO Jail in Florence: 520-866-5038.
expandHow do I get crime statistics?
expandWhat documents do I need to attend a Vehicle Impound Hearing?
Current insurance, current registration, current drivers License and any other legal/ownership documents.
expandI want to know if someone has been served an order of protection I filed. Who do I call?
expandI need to be fingerprinted for a job or for adoption, foster care; does the Pinal County Sheriff’s Office do public fingerprinting?
Yes, there is a $5.00 fee and prints are done 7 days a week Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. There is a dress code, due to persons reporting to the Detention Center for prints, no shorts, no tank tops, flip flops, and no children are permitted in the Detention Center.
expandHow do I request copies of photos?
expandHow do I research Sex Offender living in my community? is an Arizona database by Department of Public Safety.
expandHow do I get bond info or visitation?
expandWhere do I get info on court dates or location?
Contact the specific court on line or directly.
expandI am the victim of internet fraud. How do I make a complaint?
expandHow do I find employment opportunities?
expandI loaned my personal property to someone and they are refusing to return it. Who do I call?
expandHow do I volunteer at PCSO and what are the types of volunteer opportunities?
Call Volunteer Services Coordinator Marcia Romano at 520-866-5221.
expandI think a loved one might be using methamphetamine. What signs do I look for? Who call I call?
expandHow do I report the activity of Illegal Aliens/Smuggling?
Call United States Border Patrol 520-836-7813. However, if life threatening, call 911.
expandI wish to obtain a burn permit. What steps do I take?
expandHow do I find out the status of my case? How do I give additional information on my case?
Contact the Regional Office that covers the area you live in. Please have your case number ready and be prepared to answer a few questions relevant to your case or situation. The case numbers are broken down into the following format: The case number for an incident that happened on February 24, 2008 would read like this: 080224123 – 08 (year), 02 (month), 24 (day), sequential number (123) [Starts at 1 each day].
expandI would like to file a complaint on a Pinal County Sheriff’s Office employee. How do I do that?
expandHow do I apply for the position of Reserve Deputy Sheriff?
Go to the Pinal County Web site, select the "Human Resource Web site" link, select "Job Search," then enter the "Pinal Automated Career Opportunities” (PACO) Web link. You then simply select "Search Postings" and select "Deputy Sheriff (Reserve)" in the "Functional Title" section. From that point, simply follow the described online application process.
expandThe Sheriff’s Office took my property during an arrest; how do I get it back?
expandI have a court order for the release of my property; how do I make arrangements to pick up my property?
As soon as you have obtained a court order, contact your case officer and get them a copy of it. The case officer has to submit a completed Request for Release Form to the Evidence Unit prior to the release of any property, even if there is a court order. At times, property seized as evidence may be involved in multiple cases or need further information cleared prior to the release. *If you are requesting a weapon to be released to you, the Sheriff’s Office will look at your criminal history and run a warrants check on you to ensure you are not a prohibited possessor prior to the release.
expandMy vehicle was towed last night, do you have it?
expandHow do I pick up my vehicle from PCSO, and is there a charge?
The PCSO Evidence Unit will contact the registered owner of the vehicle by mail or by phone if we have a current phone number on file. When you receive notification you will need to contact the evidence unit and schedule an appointment, verify the amount you will need to pay for the tow charges and to ensure an evidence technician is available to release your vehicle to you. Tow charges do apply and can be paid only in the form of an official check or money order made out to the Pinal County Sheriff’s Office.
expandIf my insurance company paid my claim and the property is recovered can I have it back?
expandWhat type of activity should I report?

Any type of criminal or suspicious activity should be reported. When calling, please be specific. We need to know what activity you have observed and what causes you to believe the situation is criminal or suspicious. Please try to provide as much information as possible, such as vehicle descriptions, clothing and physical descriptions of suspicious persons, and good location information where the activity is occurring.

Examples of suspicious activity can include, but are not limited to: Someone looking over fences, someone trying to break into a residence or vehicle, drug activity, shots heard, suspicious vehicles that are unfamiliar to the area; if you are in doubt, call.
expandWhy does the operator keep asking me questions? If they just sent the police, they would find out all they need to know.
expandWhy do they send the police even when I called back and told them everything was okay?
There are several types of reports that the police respond to that will not be cancelled by telephone: Domestic violence, child or adult abuse, robbery calls, 911 hang-ups. These calls are rarely cancelled even if you call back to tell us everything is fine.. The reason is a victim can be easily coerced into sounding convincing while telling the dispatcher that everything is okay. Some situations require the physical presence of the police to verify that everyone is safe and that peace has been restored.
expandWhen I call the communications department, why do I get someone different every time?
expandWhy won’t they let me talk to a deputy when I call in?
The Communications Division is staffed with highly-trained professionals whose responsibility is to provide community service, interview callers, and relay information to deputies. All positions are staffed by non-sworn employees. Deputies do not staff any positions in the division. Simply, deputies are not in the same room with the dispatchers, and are out in the field and not near a phone.
expandDo I have a warrant?
expandI’ve missed some payments on my court ordered fine and I probably have a warrant, how do I take care of it without being arrested?
Contact the court that ordered the fine to make arrangements to appear before the judge.
expandI am currently receiving Social Security supplements or Veterans Benefits and
expandI know a certain person has a warrant for his/her arrest and I know where they can be found.
Contact the nearest law enforcement agency for the area of where the wanted person can be found and provide them with the information of where the wanted person can be found.
expandMy relative or friend is in your custody on a warrant out of another county or state, when are they going to be transferred to the other agency?
expand How do I apply for a posted position with Pinal County Sheriff’s Office?
All internal and external candidates must apply on line at Please note: Many of our positions require pre-testing exams. It is recommended that once you apply, that you contact PCSO - Human Resources @ 520-866-5121 to schedule your exam. As a rule testing in conducted only on specific days of the week, for specific positions. Some clerical positions will not allow applicants to test for a specific position after ten days.
expandWhat is the testing process for deputy cadet?
expandWhat is the testing process for Detention Officer?
A written exam, oral board interview, background investigations, fingerprints, psychological exam, medical exam which includes Urine Analysis testing.
expandWhat forms do I need to complete prior to my interview with the Background Investigator?
expandWhat are PCSO Human Resources hours of operation?
7a.m.-5 p.m., Monday thru Friday, excluding holidays.
expandHow do I contact PCSO Human Resources Department?
expandHow do I obtain information on the Correctional Officer Retirement Plan System (CORPS)?
expandHow do I obtain information on the Public Safety Retirement System (PSRS)?
expandHow do I obtain information on the Arizona State Retirement (ARS) for civilians/non-officers?
expandHow long is the probationary period for new employees?
expandHow do I obtain information about Compensation and Benefits?
Please visit Pinal County Web site at the Human Resources or you may call Elizabeth Knobloch, Compensation/Benefits Analyst at 520-866-6594.
expandWhat is FMLA?
expandHow do I contact Pinal County’s Insurance Carrier?
Mountain States Administrative Services at 800-866-4731.
expandWhere can I obtain Flexible Spending Account information & forms?
expandHow can I send an anonymous tip to the Narcotics Task Force?
E-mails can be sent directly to the Narcotics Task Force by clicking HERE name and e-mail address can be included, but are not required.
expandWhere can I find the Pinal County Noise Ordinance?
expandProvided is a list of Detention Center Phone #’s (520)
Administration 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday - Friday only 866-5180
Main Information:1-855-355-0358
Medical 866-5085
Property/Inmate Accounts 866-5055, 866-5079
Inmate phones 888-288-9879
Victims Right’s 866-5024, 866-5089
expandWhat do I do when I see an emergency vehicle running code (lights and siren) behind me?
expandHow do I order an accident report?
If you would like to retrieve an Accident Report online you may go to Docview, which is the third party the Pinal County Sheriff's Office contracts with to provide the copies online.
expandHow to recognize a PCSO Deputy for a job well done?

Pinal County Government Web Disclaimer