Foreign Trade Zones are secure areas under supervision of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) that are considered outside the customs territory of the United States at which special CBP procedures may be used. Foreign and domestic merchandise may be moved into zones for storage, exhibition, assembly, manufacturing, and processing without payment of duties, quota and other import restrictions until the decision is made to enter the goods into the U.S. market.
- Duty deferral
- Duty elimination on exports
- Duty reduction (inverted tariff relief) and elimination on imports
- Scrap/Waste savings
- No time constraints on storage
- Shorter transit time - Direct Delivery
- Weekly entry
- Arizona offers an approximately 75-80% reduction in real and personal property taxes for activated FTZs (certain restrictions apply)
Currently, nearly all of Pinal County is part of the expanded territory (Alternative Site Framework (ASF) for Foreign Trade Zone # 75 administered by the City of Phoenix.
For further information on this program, please contact:
Denise Yanez, Manager FTZ # 75, City of Phoenix Community and Economic Development Department at (602) 262-5040
Tim Kanavel, Pinal County Economic Development Director, (520)866-6664 or firstname.lastname@example.org