Items of Interest
PINAL COUNTY COVID VACCCINE – FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Pinal County was allowed to order Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine. On December 9, 2020,
ordered 10,000 doses, the maximum allowed during our first allotment. Pinal
approximately 8,000 healthcare workers, which are in the first group to be
shipments started arriving December 21st with the full allotment arriving by
- Pinal County Public Health began vaccinating healthcare providers on December
23rd at a
location. The county is notified, at times weekly, when more vaccine can be
amount allowed by the CDC and the state. The amounts are based on population.
- Community partners such as hospitals and other healthcare organizations or
notified in September there was an application process known as “onboarding”
order for agencies to be able to vaccinate persons in their communities. ADHS
sites based on several criteria such as whether or not adequate temperature
vaccines was in place.
- Pinal County Public Health was then allowed to “allocate” doses to public health
other community providers based on the number of doses they indicated they could
store/administer. In this first allotment, Pinal Public Health allocated doses
had “onboarded” prior to December 9, 2020. More community partners are currently
the “onboarding process” with ADHS.
- These are the 1a, 1b and 1c groups listed on the Pinal Public Health Website.
the CDC and state recommendations. (They may change if other guidelines are
- As public health and our community partners who have “onboarded with ADHS”
healthcare providers we will move to group 1b. The 1b group is large and will be
systematically, by type such as law enforcement, education sector, critical
more vaccine arrives, the 1b groups will be notified via email listserves and
- As more vaccine arrives, when we get to the 1c group, (those 65 and older and
risk medical conditions), locations for vaccination and the registration process
on the Pinal public health covid website. As we move forward into the general
vaccination sites and the registration process will be posted on the Pinal
- You will receive your second dose. Please be reassured that a second allotment
automatically be sent to match the first dose.
Public Health Director's Most Recent Updates: