County Home  |  Online Services  |  Visitors  |  Jobs  |  Government  |  Economic Development

As of 5/11/2020:  At this time, we are requiring all individuals coming in for services in any of our Pinal County Public Health Clinics to please be prepared and arrive with a mask on. This will not only protect yourself, but also others around you. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Pinal County Vital Records


Pinal County Vital Records is open at the Casa Grande, San Tan Valley, and Maricopa public health clinics.

Please bring copies of the documents required to obtain a birth or death certificate. A listing of required documents can be found below. You will be asked to leave your documents, payment, and application in a secure location. Your requested certificate(s) can be picked up the same day or sent to you by mail. If you are picking up a certificate the same day you are requesting it, you will be asked to wait outside the clinic or you may set an appointment with the Vital Records staff to come back at a later time.

You may also send in your request for a certificate by mail. Please send all required documents and payments to: Pinal County Vital Records, PO Box 2945, Florence, AZ 85132. If you have any questions, please contact us by calling the Pinal County Public Health Central Appointment Desk at 1-866-960-0633.


Location Open

Casa Grande Vital Records

1729 N. Trekell Rd. Suite 120
Casa Grande, AZ 85122

Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 6:00 pm

Maricopa Vital Records

41600 W. Smith-Enke Rd. Bldg. # 15
Maricopa, AZ 85138

Tuesday – Thursday
8:00 am – 6:00 pm

San Tan Valley Vital Records
36235 N. Gantzel Rd.
San Tan Valley, AZ 85142

Monday – Thursday
8:00 am – 6:00 pm

What do I need to apply for a birth or death certificate?

  Birth Certificate

  Death Certificate


  • Birth/Death Certificates: $20.00 fee per certificate
  • Corrections/Amendments: $10.00 one-time fee in addition to certificate fee

Request by mail - send to:
Pinal County Vital Records, PO Box 2945, Florence, AZ 85132

Only persons 18 years of age or older may obtain a certified copy of a birth of death certificate.

Note: An applicant presenting documents from a foreign country as proof of relationship or proof of legal interest must provide certified copies of the documents. Photocopies are not acceptable. The applicant must also provide a certified translation of the documents.

Arizona is a "closed record" state. That means that vital records are not public record. Arizona law restricts the public's access to vital records as follows to protect the confidentiality rights of our citizens. Arizona Administrative Code (A.A.C.) R9-19-210, R9-19-211 and (A.A.C.) R9-19-314, R9-19-315 specify who may receive a certified copy of a birth or death certificate.

Pinal County Office of Vital Records issues certified birth certificates for Arizona births. If you need an amendment or correction to a birth that occurred prior to 1997, you must contact the State Office of Vital Records in Phoenix. If you need a certified copy of a birth certificate from another state, you must contact that state’s vital records office.

For questions relating to an autopsy report, please contact Pinal County Medical Examiner's Office.


Pinal County Government Web Disclaimer